The LSB2012 Start-up Programme that will take place September 10-11th seems to be turning out into a truly exciting and enriching event with the participation of some remarkable mentors and unique start-ups. The mentors who will share their knowledge and advice with the Programme participants are:
- Remis Bistras, President of Walden Vision, providing Business Development for BioPharma and a co-founder of biotechnology start-up in ophthalmology space in Boston, USA. His experience includes working for big pharma and entrepreneurial venture capital backed-up start-ups.
- Gary Keller, CEO of Xomix, a Chicago-based accelerator and consultancy in biotechnology, medical, life science, energy and environmental technologies for companies and research organizations. He is an international speaker on the topics of commercialization of technologies, virtual incubation of companies; biotechnology led economic development, technology evaluation, and technical sales and marketing development.
- Scott Osborne, Director of Strategic Initiatives at BioOhio. He assists pharmaceutical, medical device, imaging and diagnostics companies to expand or launch operations in the state, and helps create new state-wide programs to help accelerate industry growth.
- Rūta Jurevičiūtė Laukien, Director at C.W. Downer, an international middle-market investment bank, where she focuses on the healthcare industry, including biotechnology and life sciences, and cross-border transactions..
- Liudas Karnickas, an attorney at law specialising in IP and regulatory matters and is active for over 5 years in advising life sciences and healthcare sectors. He is also senior associate at the pan-Baltic law firm LAWIN.